|1.||(When You're In) Slumberland|
|2.||I Wish You Love|
|3.||Eve’s Lullaby (My Little One)|
|5.||Daisies and Orchids|
There are 4 videos on youtube.com
I Wish you Love - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhQWP9AZzs
Dreamboat - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ir0qusdXU
Goodnight - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=KLlADSyE6u0
Now Sleep - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoiwfR7w-M
For more information, JPEGs, or interviews:
The first review in it's entirety: http://kidsmusicthatrocks.blogspot.com/2008/10/sunflow.html
Nice things people have been saying:
- DIY REVIEW PERFORMING SONGWRITER MAGAZINE - Mar/Apr 2009 Sunflow Under the Stars Featured Download: "I Wish You Love" MP3 Don’t be afraid to talk to strangers next time you’re at a train station in Dublin. The chance meeting and subsequent trans-Atlantic pairing of American Nancy Falkow and Irishman Fran King (both accomplishd solo artists in their own right) has resulted in a deliberately dreamy set intended to lull your little ones to sleep. From the first notes of “Slumberland” to the last of “Goodnight,” Under the Stars is a blissful blend of simplicity and sophistication, alternating the singers’ complementary vocal styles. At turns evoking the melodic sensibilities of Carole King, Paul McCartney and Harry Nilsson, Sunflow deliver jauntily plucked ditties (“I Wish You Love,” “Sleepytown”) and lush lullabies (“August Moon,” “Dreamboat”) with equal finesse. Kid-inspired but captivating for all ages, Under the Stars is supremely soothing proof that the universe is indeed unfolding as it should. —GMG
- Named #7 - Top 10 Children's Music Releases 2008 http://kidsmusic.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/best2008.htm
- Named #2 - Best Children's Debuts 2008 - Kidsmusic.about.com http://kidsmusic.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/bestdebuts2008.htm
- "Best "Naptime" album of the year. If Harry Nilsson wrote the music to the daydreams in your head, this is what it would sound like." (WTruitt)
- CoolMomPicks.com -...think Acoustic Lullaby Pop, or calming music full of pitch-perfect singing and tender lyrics that will hopefully erase any worries about what's under the bed. I hear shades of Paul McCartney and Joni Mitchell...
- "Dreamy lyrics and melodies to die for make this album the best naptime CD of the year. American Nancy Falkow and Dubliner Fran King's sublime pop songwriting skills will appeal to indie rock-loving grownups, as well." (WTruitt)
- "You'll think you grew up with these songs despite being all original compositions. It's the comforting melodic familiarity that serves Sunflow so well and makes this upbeat lullaby album a true winner." - Jeff Bogle, www.outwiththekids.blogspot.com 2/09
- “Exemplary songwriting skills and classy performances lift this collection of lullabies to a wider place and space that should grace many a musical library. Bravo!" - John Wood, Kidzmusic.com 2/09
- "Soothing lyrics and music to help one nap or to lay back and listen to as you watch the clouds. Nancy Falkow, Fran King, and Duncan Maitland team up to create mellow songs with beautiful melodies. Lovely." - Deborah Young, www.atozkidsstuff.com 2/09 `
- "King and Falkow have created in my opinion a breathtakingly beautiful collection of songs that so eloquently express our emotions as parents." 3/09 www.happyhealthyfamilies.com
- "The songs on Under the Stars, lushly melodic and delivered with a dulcet warmth, brim with such tenderness that I was immediately captivated." - Naila Francis, www.thespiritedwoman.com 01/09
- "Billed as a collection of sleep songs to be enjoyed by parent and child together, this collection of tunes rivals the best albums of the like including the remarkable Harry Nilsson album, "The Point." The melodies are impeccable and the songs flow with love and kindness. A great example of which is Fran King's "Eve's Lullaby" which is more McCartney-esque than anything by Sir Paul himself. Maybe this was intended for kids but it is a wonderful album for anyone. Highly recommended!!!" Dean Sciarra - ItsAboutMusic.com 10/09
- "... Nancy Falkow, now a resident of Ireland, teams up with Dublin singer Fran King for a terrific new album of kid’s tunes that parents can dig too." 12/08 www.atlanticcityweekly.com
- "...and L is also for LULLABIES. Except this album is so much more than that. YOU MUST GIVE IT A LISTEN. I've been listening to it all day. It is lovely, charming, happy-making and just all-around sublime." Blogger - Ninotchka Beavers 10/09 http://ninotchka.squarespace.com/cease-cows-life-is-short/2008/10/13/l-is-for-light.html
- "This is not a CD for children but for anyone who needs some help getting through the night." - Poet, Barbara Daniels 01/09
|3.||Sometimes You Jump|
|6.||Blue Ridge Highway|
|7.||Under the Sun|
|11.||Where Do I Start?|
"Nancy’s lyrics shine out from her songs, describing feelings dressed in images...Nancy lets it rip with raw emotion pulling at the edges of her voice." — Musician.ie
Clear View named one of the BEST LOCAL RELEASES of 2004 - Philadelphia City Paper
"The CD showcases Falkow’s rock-meets-soul gentle vocal delivery, a breezy ride over smart, crafted arrangements." -- Robin Renee Philadelphia City Paper
This album is NOW available at CDBABY.com
|1.||(With) So Much in the World|
|5.||It Could've Been Anyone|
|6.||Kids Having Fun|
|7.||Child Of Television|
|8.||Take Away Wind|
|10.||Give It Up|
|12.||In From the Country|
- Ian Percival of Billboard Magazine
"This grown-up pop-rock concoction plays to Falkow's strengths - her fluid, multi-octave, chameleonlike voice and smart, intriguing lyrics. Arrangements are unusually varied, and the production is always tasteful. The whole thing goes down like butter."
- Jonathan Takiff, Philadelphia Daily News
"Falkow has matured beyond her attitudey folk mien - as vocalist, lyricist, composer - to forge musics ripe with finicky sensuous soul and moody majesty that still manages to feel prickly and unwound. Produced by Shane McMartin, Smitten feels like it was borne between 1968 and 1971, the time of Tapestry and "Eli's Coming" where folk, jazz and R&B blended like cream into cognac, like clouds into coffee."
- a.d. amorosi, Philadelphia City Paper
"With a voice like an angel and a gift for writing sweet songs, her music is breezy adult contemporary rock with clever hooks. If you like 10,000 Maniacs, Sarah McLachlan, Emmylou Harris or Sam Philips, you'll enjoy Falkow's album."
- Cheryl Squadrito, Courier Post
"Falkow's best songs, especially her simple, straightforward and heartfelt declarations of love stand up to the best of those other Lilith Ladies."
- Barry Gutman, Philadelphia Weekly
"Nancy Falkow's Smitten is well worth seeking out. She's got her folk-pop vocal technique down. This is something in the same league as Sheryl Crow and Lucinda Williams. Another plus is the mandolin playing of her bandmate Stave Margulis. He lends a strong bluegrass flavor to "Atom Bomb," ala the early Grateful Dead."
-Thomas Schulte via www.womanrock.com
"Each song on Smitten has its own personality and story to tell. On some tracks, just Falkow's voice carries the song, while the story woven on others is infectious."
This album is NOW available at CDBABY.com